Prospective Chandler Police Officers must meet all of the following minimum requirements. Requirements are determined by the City of Chandler and the State of Arizona.
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Be a high school graduate or have successfully completed a General Education Development (G.E.D.) examination;
- Undergo a complete background investigation;
- Undergo a medical examination;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or any offense that would be a felony if committed in Arizona;
- Not have been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces;
- Not have been previously denied certified status, have certified status revoked, or have current certified status suspended;
- Not have illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transported for sale marijuana;
- Not have illegally used marijuana for any purpose within the past three years;
- Not have ever illegally used marijuana other than for experimentation;
- Not have ever illegally used marijuana while employed or appointed as a peace officer;
- Not have illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transported for sale a dangerous drug or narcotic;
- Not have illegally used a dangerous drug or narcotic, other than marijuana, for any purpose within the past seven years;
- Not have ever illegally used a dangerous drug or narcotic other than for experimentation;
- Not have ever illegally used a dangerous drug or narcotic while employed or appointed as a peace officer;
- Not have a pattern of abuse of prescription medication;
- Undergo a polygraph examination; and
- Not have been convicted of or adjudged to have violated traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles with a frequency within the past three years that indicates a disrespect for traffic laws or a disregard for the safety of other persons on the highway.
The illegal use of marijuana, or a dangerous drug or narcotic is presumed to be not for experimentation if:
- The use of marijuana exceeds a total of 20 times or exceeds five times since the age of 21 years; or
- The use of any dangerous drug or narcotic, other than marijuana, in any combination exceeds a total of five times or exceeds one time since the age of 21 years.
Applicants must also meet prescribed vision, color vision, hearing and/or other Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board medical standards..
You may read the City of Chandler Police Officer job description on the City’s Human Resources website.
Further information may be obtained by researching Title 13 (Public Safety) of the Arizona Administrative Code.
Falsification, omission, misrepresentation or deception in any stage of the process will result in your immediate removal from consideration.
The City of Chandler is an Equal Opportunity Employer.