Block Watch is…
- Becoming acquainted with your neighbors.
- Working together to solve neighborhood concerns.
- Helping the police by raising awareness and reporting any unusual
- activities as they occur. (You know best what “normal” activity in your neighborhood is.)
- Learning to minimize potential risks by making safe choices (i.e. utilizing locks, lighting, etc.) to prevent crime in your neighborhood.
- Reporting suspicious persons.
- Looking out for your neighbors.
How to organize a Block Watch
You can take an active role in your community by forming a neighborhood Block Watch. You and your neighbors can stay safe by looking out for one another.
- Step 1: Contact your neighbors to see if they are interested in participating in a Block Watch program.
- Step 2: Submit the electronic form. You will receive confirmation regarding your submission and scheduled Block Watch presentation information. For additional Block Watch program questions, contact the Crime Prevention Unit at 480-782-4967.
- Step 3: Fill out the Block Watch Letter. Either email it to your neighbors or print and deliver to your neighbors informing them of the neighborhood Block Watch meeting.
- Step 4: The Block Watch meeting begins and the officer conducts the requested program presentation.
- Step 5: The officer will conclude the presentation and leave, allowing the attendees to discuss issues and become better acquainted.
If you have any questions or wish to finalize setting up your Block Watch please contact Crime Prevention Officer Dan Chavarria at (480) 782-4967 or complete the form below.